Thursday, July 28, 2011

Turkey Day


Today is Turkey Day, rightfully named due to the one day in-between Bulgaria and Turkey. Right now the ship is anchored outside Varna, Bulgaria. Around 7pm tonight the anchor will be lifted and I’ll be on my way to Turkey. I should arrive in Turkey tomorrow around 7am.  I plan on waking up around 5:30am for the sunrise and the berthing of the ship. Apparently it is a right of passage to wake up for sunrise as the ship pulls into Turkey, because it is absolutely breathtaking watching the sun illuminate all the mosques and monuments along the Bosporus.

Back to Turkey day…this morning I had 2.5 hours of Global Studies learning about the past and current political situation and history of Turkey. I don’t have any other classes so I will be using my extra time to catch up on sleep, study for an Italy in the Age of the Renaissance Exam, Study for a Global Studies Exam, and figure out what to do in Turkey. Tonight at pre-port I will be learning more about places to see and discover in Istanbul.  So far my plan includes: City Orientation, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, The Grand Bazaar, The Spice Market, Old Town, Turkish Baths, and an overnight trip to Cappadocia. I have no idea how I am going to fit all of these activities into only five days! I also need to meet up with my Negotiation for Value partner Ben and engage in a negotiation for our paper due at the end of the class. SO MUCH TO DO.

The next three weeks are going to be a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment