Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BON VOYAGE

What a hectic day!
After waking up early and grabbing breakfast with my friend Jenna, I started the long grueling process of packing and getting all my items together….
Packing took a total of six hours! Although, I did take a couple breaks to make some emergency pit stops: target for extra sunscreen, travel umbrella, and a swimsuit and my grandparent’s house to say goodbye. It was quite the process keeping track of everything and making sure to cross everything off two different lists. But, in the end, it was worth it! I was able to get my checked bag down to 40lbs avoiding any checked luggage fees :) Take that Delta!! and everything else fit into my carry-on bag and backpack with a little room to spare. GREAT SUCCESS.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) I leave for the Bahamas (6:25am flight) and after a two hour layover in Atlanta I should be in Nassau by 3pm. Thursday I am going on a 4 hour snorkeling/sailing tour with 15 other people from SAS and Friday I board the MV Explorer along with ~750 other students to begin my voyage to the first destination: BARCELONA, SPAIN!
Even after a whole day of packing it still hasn’t hit me that in only 8 hours (3:30am) I will be waking up and starting my adventure. I can’t wait to get this show on the road! 
Words of wisdom: 
When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money.  Then take half the clothes and twice the money.  ~Susan Heller



1 comment:

  1. As a UWEC grad ('93) and a study abroad student (Denmark '92) and as a person who LOVES to travel I look forward to your posts. My wife and I (another UWEC alum) recently went on a Mediterranean Cruise for our 10th anniversary and loved it. I hope you enjoy the trip, soak in all the cultures and are a good 'ambassador' for the USA...Have fun!

    ReplyDelete